Dodger on Cannonball

My cannonballs have two eyelets. One on top, and the other on the tail. Has anyone ever attached a Dodger or spinner to the rigger ball as an attracter? I have my releases on the cable above the ball. What I was thinking of doing was putting a 12" piece of cable between the release and the ball, hooking the dodger to the eye on the tail with a 6" leader, then running a spoon 5' - 15' or so behind the release.

What do you think?

My bro in law runs one similar to that in Ludville....

Similar.....

With 4 BigJons it easy to spare 1 for this...

Us little guys with only 2 riggers, well..., you know, we gotta do what we can......

T

I can't see why it wouldn't work. One company even markets a Fish shaped attractor that attaches to the cannon ball. I think they call it JACK. From what I have been reading on Herring, and 11 inch Flashers, they may not take the fish but they tend to draw fish in to your spread. The way flashers have been working, it can't hurt. I would try and keep the lead short, and at least a 5 ft vertical distance between it and your release. I have also heard of tourneys that limit the number of rods, and teams running spoons and whatever right off the cannon balls. Cable up Virgil.:no:

The "JACK" is produced by Fisher Tackle Company (www.fishertackle.com). John is also the pioneer of ultraglow flies(Squinchee) and ultraglow in-line spinners(Twinslam).

I use the Jack on Sportboat and have found that in shallow, clear water it seems to give us an edge as the ball-shy fish aren't spooked when they see the Jack instead. We have also had days at the pierheads when the only rigger bites were on a real short lead right behind a Jack while the other riggers produced natta.

All the Fisher Tackle products work well. They also have different set-ups for cutbait presentations. Give 'em a try. You'll be hooked too.

A good friend of mine takes me with him twice a year out of Muskegon. He has a flasher attached to his ball with a release hooked to the end of it. We never do good with this set up. I think (imo) your better off using the standard set up.

The plan as of now is to make the shake down trip one week from today out of South Haven. Come on Good Weather.

I used to put down up to 3 just like that when I fished alone and it was 2 rods

I had 4 riggers and I would put down the out down between the inside and the dipsy, and I would do the other side.

I figured I was out there next to battle wagons with 15 spoons in the water and how the heck were the fish supposed to find my two little spoons. I think it did some good.