Hello from Michigan

Hi everyone. Recently I decided to hit the pier and try for some big lake fish. I haven't been to the pier since I was a kid with my dad fishing for perch with cane poles. There's a lot to learn so I've been googling around for info and decided to join some Michigan fishing forums to learn from other anglers. Basically I've been a Bass fisherman for a a while now and this year I started trying for some big catfish. Different gear, techniques and more stuff to learn. Then I watched a couple videos on guys here in Michigan catching big kings off the piers and I decided to give that a try as well.

Well more stuff to learn, lol. So that is why I am here - to learn from you guys and ask questions and hopefully share some great catches.

Well, start out simple.  This time of year can be quite unpredictable for fish.  Pick a pier known to fish well, and get out there at first light and see how many people are out there and what they're using and if they're catching anything.  Be friendly and maybe someone will share some tips and their setup with you.