Is this still the best site to post on?

Its been pretty quiet on here lately.

I haven’t seen much action of posts on here and wondered if there were other forums that individuals used?

I haven’t caught hardly anything this year so haven’t posted myself. Trying to find the silver fish. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Sent from my SM-G950U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

It's because nobody has been lighting it up over the past couple of weeks. To make matters worse the recent up-welling has the fish scattered. I'm going out of Holland in the morning in search of anything that will bite and will post a report regardless of the outcome.

I've been wondering the same....I'd think the fish are in closer with the COLD water that pushed in over the last few days?

I don't see many boats in close when looking at the Grand Haven webcams...appreciate any GH posts too!

Good luck out of Holland tomorrow!!

• Thanks 1

The fish are with the food.  The upwellings haven't brought the alewives in. Instead it's pushed them offshore.  When the fish are staging and the lake flips, then it's usually game on.

I haven't posted lately because I haven't been out.  And no numbers of silver fish to speak of.  Planning to start fishing more the next month.

Weather has been too rough the days I have been free to go too 

I've been working on a home addition and not fishing. If you want to want to help me finish it up I would be happy to provide more frequent posts!

For me, over the last 3 years, king fishing has been slow once you get past mid-august. Maybe it is just me. In 12 trips mid-to late August I didn't catch a king.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 1

It’s a good site. It’s just fishing has been so spotty last couple years that there’s not much to report. Im guilty as is most others of only reporting good fishing. I’m on southern end of the lake and the only months to fish are March through May then the fish seem to disappear. 

• Like 1

There are a number of very helpful and great fishermen on this site. The detail and the accuracy of the reports are what I need.

Just fished Ludington on 28th- strong winds from the south had 65 degree water even out to 205 ft.  - had to drop down to 85 feet to find good temps. We got 1 nice laker and a 19 lb king. We got the king at 55 down on a dipsy-spin dr-fly. Yes he was out of prime temps- very strong fish- took 330 ft of line and 25 min - great fun. Several boats in my group did worse.  thanks

• Like 3

Nice job!

There are a number of very helpful and great fishermen on this site. The detail and the accuracy of the reports are what I need.
Just fished Ludington on 28th- strong winds from the south had 65 degree water even out to 205 ft.  - had to drop down to 85 feet to find good temps. We got 1 nice laker and a 19 lb king. We got the king at 55 down on a dipsy-spin dr-fly. Yes he was out of prime temps- very strong fish- took 330 ft of line and 25 min - great fun. Several boats in my group did worse.  thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App