Once in a life time !

A couple of weeks ago I was salmon fishing out of Port Sheldon in 140' of water when I hooked this Fish on a three color lead core ,I did not weigh or measure but I am sure it was over four feet long we released it right after we landed it, the DNR said it was very unusual to be up that close to the surface as they spend most of their time on the bottom !

image.jpeg

• Like 5

That os so cool!!! Congrats and thank you for it's safe return back into the lake.

A couple of weeks ago I was salmon fishing out of Port Sheldon in 140' of water when I hooked this Fish on a three color lead core ,I did not weigh or measure but I am sure it was over four feet long we released it right after we landed it, the DNR said it was very unusual to be up that close to the surface as they spend most of their time on the bottom !
image.thumb.jpeg.795bf25deea6609bdc566d694f394e70.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Wow.  That must have been crazy reeling that thing in and trying to figure out what it was when you first saw it.  I wonder how many man hours are put in on this lake fishing for someone to finally catch a sturgeon.  Reminds me of a time I was bowhunting with my son who was about 10 at the time.  He was hunting, I was teaching.  A chickadee was flying around.  He says, "It would be cool if that chickadee lands on my arrow."  Being a more experienced hunter, I said, "You've got to hunt for a really long time before a bird will land on your arrow."  "How long?" he asks.  "Years" I say.  Sixty seconds later that chickadee landed on his arrow.  

Congrats on the catch.  I've never even heard of that happening before.

• 2 weeks later...