150fow was the ticket today.  5 for 7, three hits above 75' and two  at 125-127', all kings were caught one at 4-1/2# the rest just over 6#. Trolls were mostly east at 2-6 to 2.8 sog, surface temp was 65.1. Ball temp was 51.8  - 52.7 @ 73' and  47 at 120' in 150 fow. 1st three came between  6:42am and 7:31. Others were 9:42am and 10:47am (deeper ones).

All hits came on riggers, with one on a slider, other came on a slide diver back 110. Riggers were back with 25-45' leads

Lures were mag MS honeypot (2 fish), std blue jeans (1), std mixed veggie (1) and std  uv blue dolphin (1).

Village joined me today.

20190627_132539.thumb.jpeg.19e5e05e31785f36e568c8215fdee224.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 7

We tried something new today. Added a 11" paddle straight to the back of the downrigger ball by itself. Not sure if it helped any. But we did pull 3 fish off the riggers once we added the paddle. 

• Like 1

I've had a day where I was getting bit with an 11" paddle on rigger and then took it off and they dried up. Put it back on and started getting bit again. I've also had days where I struggled to get bites and put one on and started doing well. Other days it doesn't seem to make a difference. 🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Salmon_slammin said:

I wonder though, if you put the paddle down why not put a fly on it? Can't hurt, and might pick up another fish or two.

No way for it to release and would count against your line total.  Different flasher but that is how we ran it this morning. 

Screenshot_20190627-131320_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, John's Tuition said:

I've had a day where I was getting bit with an 11" paddle on rigger and then took it off and they dried up. Put it back on and started getting bit again. I've also had days where I struggled to get bites and put one on and started doing well. Other days it doesn't seem to make a difference. 🤔

Sounds like fishing. But figured today was a good day to try it. With only 6 rod down figured couldn't hurt the spread getting an extra attractor just below the lures. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John's Tuition said:

It's a good idea. I think I will try it. Most of those days that I noticed better action with the big paddle, the paddle itself didn't get much love anyway but was probably just acting as an attractant.

That's what I figured the flie bite been slow but wanted to run a paddle so we dropped it below are spoons. 

• Like 1