Great Weekend on Erie

I took Friday off for another 3 day weekend and fished everyday at Erie out of the Detroit Beach Boat Club. I regret missing all the king action on the west side but love eating walleyes. The bite was great and we put 72 walleyes in the boat getting limits of 24 Friday, 18 on Saturday and 30 on Sunday. We fished MI waters in 18 to 19 FOW Friday and did best in 20 to 22 FOW on Sat and Sunday. We trolled spoons behind diver discs off boards, rigger and 4 colors and crankbaits off boards. The cranks were best Friday and spoons best on Sunday. We ran leads of 30 to 50 feet running them shorter in the early morning and longer as the morning went on. Won a steelheaders club tourney on Saturday. Our strategy was to throw back all small walleyes under 20 inches immediately to build a bigger box of 18 allowed for the tourney.   I should have taken a pic of that catch. We also got to enjoy the hospitality of the DBBC all weekend. It's a great place to slip a boat. I won a signed copy of Howard Tanners book, Something Spectacular, My Salmon Story in a raffle to fund the consent degree negotiations.  Our best spoon was a warrior colville crusher, this was steady last year and again every troll this year so far on 4 colors and riggers.  Smaller stinger and DW walleyes spoons were good too. Our best cranks were rebel crabs. It was an awesome weekend! Good Luck, fishing will be great on Erie for the coming weeks.

20190602_144542.jpg

20190601_122622.jpg

20190603_065001.jpg

• Like 2