South Haven, solo trip, 5-29, 8 for 10

Late morning solo trip out of South Haven after I got the kids off to school. Set lines at 1045, fished until 2pm. 300 copper with Mongolian beef RV spoon took 2 kings and lost 2 kings, wire diver with green spindoctor back 120-180 took 3 lakers, rigger down 80 with raptor rv spoon took a king, free slider on the rigger with Jordo took 2 steelhead. Fished 105-120 almost straight out of the pierheads. Direction did not seem to matter. Kings were not huge, biggest was about 15 pounds. Let the trout go, just kept the kings.

8E3E0510-F7E8-49AE-BBC1-8874577B18C9.jpeg

• Like 5

Late morning solo trip out of South Haven after I got the kids off to school. Set lines at 1045, fished until 2pm. 300 copper with Mongolian beef RV spoon took 2 kings and lost 2 kings, wire diver with green spindoctor back 120-180 took 3 lakers, rigger down 80 with raptor rv spoon took a king, free slider on the rigger with Jordo took 2 steelhead. Fished 105-120 almost straight out of the pierheads. Direction did not seem to matter. Kings were not huge, biggest was about 15 pounds. Let the trout go, just kept the kings.
8E3E0510-F7E8-49AE-BBC1-8874577B18C9.thumb.jpeg.3c8d80c7f837da8f72dd0ef0a203cadf.jpeg

Holland port dnr launch was closed due to high water launched out of Kollen Park lk MAC went 10 for 11 got our 2 man limit 80-130 fow 40-65 down on riggers 10 color took 3 blue Dolphin ,flounder pounder Rv took 3 ,the blue white back got blue white back took 2 ,blue crush spin Doctor on slide diver mag 7 oz blue glo fly by chip Eaton took biggest 17 lb King the other 2 spoon also blue , purple took the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  • Like 4

Holland port dnr launch was closed due to high water launched out of Kollen Park lk MAC went 10 for 11 got our 2 man limit 80-130 fow 40-65 down on riggers 10 color took 3 blue Dolphin ,flounder pounder Rv took 3 ,the blue white back got blue white back took 2 ,blue crush spin Doctor on slide diver mag 7 oz blue glo fly by chip Eaton took biggest 17 lb King the other 2 spoon also blue , purple took the rest

IMG_2545.JPGIMG_2537.JPGIMG_2543.JPGIMG_2546.JPGIMG_2535.JPG

• Like 2

That Blue whale spoon use to be my favorite.  Thanks for the report. 

Thank you for name of blue whale spoon it was hit 10 mins after going in and 3 fish in 2 hours I definitely need to get a few more, hate it when Kings steak a lure and it’s last one, and I don’t know what it is

Nice catch! Just remember even though the dnr ramps are closed the cleaning station is still open. I cleaned mine there yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Normally I would have drove back around lk Mac and clean fish there but Matty wanted to show his Girlfriend fish b4 we cut them up ,,I have a good setup behind my outbuilding stainless commercial sink, butcher lexan cutting board it’s the carcasses I hate if garbage day is far off!

• Like 1