Due to the slow action in South Haven on Saturday, I decided to run south Sunday.  Thank you Joe for joining me!

Aftermaking it out of the pier heads around 7 am we set up in 45 fow outside of almost all the boats.  We worked our way in and out to 70 fow with nothing and then shifted to a NNW troll to get to deeper water.

Once we got 80 around 8 am, the dipsy fires and we got our first king of the morning.  About an hour later the 100 copper fires and the slide diver fires.  2 steelhead, got the small one, but the bigger one got away.

At 10 am we decided to make a change, so we pulled lines and ran about 6 more miles to the west setting up in 95 fow.  First fish hit in 105 and then we had a ton of bites in 105-120 fow making big circles for most of the rest of our time out there.  At first it was all kings with 2 about 18 lbs and 1 about 20.  Then the lake trout started eating.

We ended the day 16-18?  Not sure because we let a bunch of lake trout go next to the boat. 6 kings, 1 steelhead and the rest lake trout.  Everything from 40-110 feet down got bit.

Most of the kings came on riggers down 60-70 feet with stinger uv spoons with yellow colors.  Yellow tuxedo was hottest.

Lake was glass calm.

One smaller lake trout was stuffed with alewives.

IMG_20190505_093048386.thumb.jpg.1c8ac31091770985b03435f95b1b59bf.jpg

IMG_20190506_064805847.thumb.jpg.f7a7ea448c60bb0fbfeff18144e2a2c0.jpg

• Like 8

I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...I should have went,...  PS,...... Nice Hat Home Boy !!   -kid

Mid 40s.

I'm guessing the St Joe tournament will be an offshore deal this weekend.  Warm water will push south tomorrow if the forecast holds .

• Thanks 1