Buying a used saltwater boat

Matt

So I have been looking at used boats online. Want to upgrade from 19 to 23-25 foot. I like walk around styl with a small cabin. All the boats I have been finding have been ran in saltwater. There is some in the Great Lakes region for sale but the price is way more for a boat that has only be n run in fresh water. WhAts everyone's opinion on buying a boat from salt water. I know the basics like they need to flush it out after use and clean the boat frequently but that's about all I know. Does anyone have experience with a used salt water boat like, pro line or pursuit walk around model

We just moved from Florida to Wisconsin, and all of the boats, including ours, have been used extensively in salt water. My 2 cents:

- yamaha outboards are the best for saltwater imo. The others hold up, if maintained really well. Yamahas seem to be able to run better for longer with minimal maintenance.

-check the wiring for corrosion

-check the trailer for corrosion

- if it were me, I'd replace the thermostats and change all the fluids immediately.

As long as it was flushed and rinsed it shouldnt be a big deal, most important things to check are wiring and trailer for signs of corrosion or neglect. All repairable, just depends how much time you want to invest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App