Second season from Michigan

Hey everyone, my names matt and I’m from Michigan. I mainly fished Lake Erie for walleye prior to last year. I decided it was time to fish Lake Michigan for silver and fell in love. I went out of south haven for the majority of my trips, but did fish a few different ports as well. I only used dipsys and downriggers last season and can’t wait to get out and try running copper in my spread now. I’m hoping to do as well as I did last year, but just enjoying being out on the big lake. I look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully I can add some things I’ve learned that may help out some people as well. 

Welcome Matt,  lot's of guys willing to help here.  I fish Lk Mich  from St Joe in March, April, May and Ludington from July to end of Sept but we spend late May/June on Erie from Bolles Harbor and do some early season jigging there in April too. With the huge year class of walleyes it is going to be great this year.   Glad to share any info we have at both Lk Mich and Erie if you are fishing the ports we are at.

• 2 weeks later...

EdB, I launch out of bolles occasionally, especially to fish the dumping grounds or if I’m going near the state line. I launch out of SSP if the reports say they’re up near stony or fermi. I’m 20 minutes or so from the launch so I spend a lot of time out there and bounce from launch to launch. Hoping the ice clears out soon to actually get some lines in the water. 

Welcome!

Hopefully this spring is as stupid as the last spring.  Everyone was a hero in South Haven in May last year.  Guy I know kept pointing out how great he was, he entered the Holland tournament later in the summer and in four days of prefishing and the tournie never hooked a sliver fish!

Rumor is South Haven is getting a new fish cleaning station, so that'll be a huge plus for a beautiful port that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

• Like 1