fishoak

Idea for “Great Lakes Trolling License Stamp”

On 2/5/2019 at 12:01 PM, fishnut101 said:

what are they planning to do with the money?  if its s good cause I would buy one but I wouldn't fish with more rods.  I think more than 6 is too many. JMO

Study the Kirkland warbler or increase Rolf Peterson's budget to import more Canadian wolves to Isle Royal.  There are innumerable places to misapply funds. 

Six rods? Solo?  How many arms do you have?

I think it is a great idea.   I would like to see any revenue generated dedicated to improving  king salmon, coho salmon, steelhead or brown fisheries since our lakes are now being dominated by Lk Trout.  Lot of uses for the revenue to improve the science to manage our resources.  For example, Feds want to stop funding coded wire tag research for salmon.  This is key data that is needed to evaluate inter-lake movement of kings and success of stocking locations so we can get the best bang for our buck for our reduced stocking program.

I see an imminent de-incentive for any sport fishing improvements, including a trolling stamp” with the new “One-Laker” regulation coming for Grand Traverse Bays.

This new regulation takes the wind out of any trolling rod increases for most of the spring/summer. From 1 August to 15 Sep it may be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see no reason for rod limits already.there are limits for how many fish you can catch and have in your freezer.one more way to charge you more for fishing.i would not pay more to run more rods.not trying to sound negative.but if they planted more fish you could run less poles.