Dipsey braid?

Regular power pro in 40 lb and green has worked for me.  I run mostly wire now - that is wire deep and slide divers up high.
All I have is 2 dipsies. There is mono on the reels right now. But it needs changed so I was going to put braid on them. But I cant find the website for calculating how much backing I would need. I would like to leave the mono on that's on them. Just don't know how much to take off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Thanks. Which one is used for the mono backing and then the powerpro?

https://www.pattayafishing.net/advanced-fishing-reel-line-capacity-estimator/
This is the calculator i use. It is very accurate and allows for 2 types of lines.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...
If you scroll down it has yards as well. And a chart to cross reference diameters. The first inputs would be backing then braid would be the second. You can play with the numbers to see how much braid will fit woth different backing numbers

Thanks. I didn't look all the way down the page. I already have mono on my reels and need to figure out how much to leave on. I think I'm going to have to take it all off first.

If you scroll down it has yards as well. And a chart to cross reference diameters. The first inputs would be backing then braid would be the second. You can play with the numbers to see how much braid will fit woth different backing numbers

So do I put the dia. and length of the powerpro ande the first line section then the backing to see how much back I would need to have?

Strip both reels clean.

Put as much braid as you want on the first reel.  The add mono until the reel is full.  Tie the tag end of the mono off to the second reel and reel the mono then braid onto that reel.

Repeat if you have a third empty reel of the same capacity. 

Strip both reels clean.
Put as much braid as you want on the first reel.  The add mono until the reel is full.  Tie the tag end of the mono off to the second reel and reel the mono then braid onto that reel.
Why didnt I think of that. Duh. Thanks.

Strip both reels clean.
That only works if the reels are the same. So where do I put the powerpro numbers and the backing numbers. Or doesn't it matter.