Stinger Challenge 11 August - Sign Up

GLF

I was wondering about the State Park N. of Muskegon. I'll probably sleep in the cuddy and hit the State park for the 3 Ss. How are the conditions @ this park? In Manistee I sleep in the boat or truck bed, right in the launch parking lot, then use the State Park for a shower etc. Is any of this possible in Muskegon? :)

I have been told that they will kick you out of the Snug Harbor launch if they find you sleeping. The launch is actually seperate from the rest of the park. Fisherman's Landing is pretty cheap (Like $10 or $15 a night for tent sites). The tent sites are just a large open grassy area. They have very nice shower/bathroom areas. Last year we just setup camp in a big area and hung out together. I think that Caz slept in his truck. It worked out really well.

I have been told that they will kick you out of the Snug Harbor launch if they find you sleeping. The launch is actually seperate from the rest of the park.

Nick

You are right, they will give you the boot if they catch you sleeping. It don't matter if you are in the car,truck or boat. And they do patrol it, a couple years ago several of us got kicked out. The odd thing is you can stand around in the parking lot and shot the chit all night and they don't care, just don't try and catch a few winks or you are in trouble.

Frank, there are two types of camp sites at Fishermans Landing. Ones with power, and ones without power. Like Nick said, they have clean showers. If you get back in soon enough, they have a dock that runs parallel to the channel, and you can tie your boat up without having to pull it. The dock is "first come first serve". You may find a spot on the dock, or you may not.

I was wondering about the State Park N. of Muskegon. I'll probably sleep in the cuddy and hit the State park for the 3 Ss. How are the conditions @ this park? In Manistee I sleep in the boat or truck bed, right in the launch parking lot, then use the State Park for a shower etc. Is any of this possible in Muskegon? :)

Frank,

Trust me they will kick you out. I been there and done that before. You will be better off to camp at fishermans landing at the tent section. Its only $15 and it has a fish cleaning staion and great showers. You have to give out a $20 bill for the card to get in the camp to. But you get that back when you go home.

here is the site: http://www.passport-america.com/campgrounds/united_states/michigan/muskegon/fishermans_landing_launch_and_campground/Default.asp

Make your reservations now

Rich

TYVM for the information. I think I will stay in the tent section. Do you think I will need reservations? Most places fill up with RVs but hardly ever fill the tent section. I am assuming there is adequate parking for trucks and boats, in the tent section.

2007 Stinger Challengers

1. GLF/Dv8oR/monkeypuke/Shu9265

2. caznik

3. Paulywood

4. DIRTY DOG/Heavy Action

5. Priority1/Reel Screamer

6. Hunt4Ever

7. tltorrice

8. Sea-Mac

9. mariner

TYVM for the information. I think I will stay in the tent section. Do you think I will need reservations? Most places fill up with RVs but hardly ever fill the tent section. I am assuming there is adequate parking for trucks and boats, in the tent section.

Yes you better call to make sure you will be ok. I did in April.

Cazzzzzzz

If we have 10 boats, we will pay back two spots along with big fish.

60% for 1st

40% for 2nd

If we have 15 boats, we will pay back three sposts along with big fish.

50% for 1st

30% for 2nd

20% for 3rd

I have a 10th team lined up, but they are not registered on the site yet.

• 2 weeks later...

2007 Stinger Challengers

2. caznik

3. Paulywood

6. Hunt4Ever - pd

7. tltorrice - pd

8. Sea-Mac

9. mariner

10. plumkrazy

I spoke with Terry Weber at MiStinger. He told me he can get me the lure packages on time if I order them by 25 July.

Everyone has until 25 July pay for their lure packages.

If I have to break up the GLF/Dv8oR team to get another boat into this I will!!!!!!......

Or maybe, anyone wanna use my boat.....hehehehehe.......

Come on men, get into this!!! This should prove a good time too!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else interested in getting in this event? Everyone has until 25 July to get the money to me. If you are planning on paying me at the next West Michigan Fishing League event, please have a check, or the exact amount of cash. I will not have change.

For those that need directions to Fisherman's Landing, here is a link to it on Mapquest. Enter in your starting point and hit enter. I will give you the directions you need and tell you how long it will take to get there.

Any questions????

You are not allowed to modify the appearance of the baits(spoons, sidekick, slasher and flies) you receive in your package. ie...no adding or removing tape, or adding paint, etc, etc, etc...

I will be launching at harbour towne that morning. I will drop fish and crew member for weigh in at fisherman's landing. I would also like to leave dockside at 4:30 so I need to know how early I can pick up lure package and pay entry fee.

mariner

I will be launching at harbour towne that morning. I will drop fish and crew member for weigh in at fisherman's landing. I would also like to leave dockside at 4:30 so I need to know how early I can pick up lure package and pay entry fee.

mariner

I will be up to Muskegon on Friday night around 8:30pm, and spending the night. Everyone can get their lure package Friday night, or I will be at Fishermans Landing by 4:00am Saturday morning. I will have my boat tied up at the visitors dock in the morning, and will be hanging around at the pavilion.

2007 Stinger Challengers

2. caznik

3. Paulywood

6. Hunt4Ever - pd

7. tltorrice - pd

8. Sea-Mac

9. mariner - pd

10. plumkrazy

Everyone has until 25 July pay for their lure packages.

I would like to get a few more boats, and there is still time to sign up.

I will have my boat tied up at the visitors dock in the morning, and will be hanging around at the pavilion.

You expecting no one else to have their boat tied up here? Was tuff to get a 19' squeezed onto the visitor dock let alone the 27' Amberjack!

You expecting no one else to have their boat tied up here? Was tuff to get a 19' squeezed onto the visitor dock let alone the 27' Amberjack!

It will be there in the morning...even if I have to stack em 2 or 3 deep! For weigh in, I will drop the cooler off and take the boat back to the slip. Its right around the corner from Fishermans Landing.

2007 Stinger Challengers

1. GLF/Dv8oR/monkeypuke/Shu9265 -pd

2. caznik

3. DIRTY DOG/Heavy Action

4. Priority1/Reel Screamer - pd

5. Hunt4Ever - pd

6. tltorrice - pd

7. Sea-Mac - pd

8. mariner - pd

9. plumkrazy - pd

Everyone has until 25 July to pay for their lure packages.

I would like to get a few more boats, and there is still time to sign up.

If you are planning on paying me at the WMFL event on Sunday 15 July, please have the exact amount of cash, or a check.

There is still time to sign up. Shoot me a pm or reply to this thread if you would like to participate in the Stinger Challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

2007 Stinger Challengers

1. GLF/Dv8oR/monkeypuke/Shu9265 -pd

2. Redeye - pd

3. DIRTY DOG/Heavy Action - pd

5. Hunt4Ever - pd

6. tltorrice - pd

7. Sea-Mac - pd

8. mariner - pd

9. plumkrazy - pd

There is still a couple more days to sign up for this.

Any takers???

2007 Stinger Challengers

1. GLF/Dv8oR/Shu9265 -pd

2. Redeye - pd

3. DIRTY DOG/Heavy Action - pd

5. Hunt4Ever - pd

6. tltorrice - pd

7. Sea-Mac - pd

8. mariner - pd

9. plumkrazy - pd

10. anmetcalf

LAST CALL.....If you would like to fish this, send me a PM TODAY!