braving the blizzard waves

:crazy: R U NUTS? :crazy::fool: :rotflmao:

If you go be sure to take a sledgehammer to break of the ice! :nhl_crach:

Oops......:eek: My phone is ringin.......thinks it's Deadliest Catch wanting to ride along next Friday! :skull: :skull:

Whens Sporty going in?

Was supposed to be Tuesday but I may just hold off a bit longer. I'm not sure if I can get downstream to the channel or not. I heard there is a 1.5 foot shallow area due to sandbar in river downstream of launch. If not looking to find another launch if possible.

Was supposed to be Tuesday but I may just hold off a bit longer. I'm not sure if I can get downstream to the channel or not. I heard there is a 1.5 foot shallow area due to sandbar in river downstream of launch. If not looking to find another launch if possible.

You know....Dv80R got that channel spudded out so I could get my boat accross Muskegon Lake and get out on Lake Michigan. Maybe he will bring his shovel down there and dig out a channel :D:lol::grin:

Levi

Do they drege that out? the reason I ask is that I cannot get the 221 Isalnder in as 3 weeks ago I had a heck of a time going up stream with the motor trimmed all the way up and I know your boat probobly drafts twice what mine does. I know they dredge out the harbor as I have watched many times growning up as a kid but dont ever remember up by tackle haven being dreged out. Next question is can you make it accross the river over by brians marina and make it up the morrison chanell? I dont know this part of the river well as we kept our boat at wispering willows back in the day. I know that sreach will but down from the chanell im not sure were it is safe and were it is not.

There are two public launches that I know of and one is at tackle haven the other is almost straight accross the river right next door to brians marina. Im not sure if they are state or county launches. I think they are bolth county. there is another launch at the brige of the I 94 overpass. that one is out for me. The launch at tackle haven two weeks ago was to low for the silver one a 221 islander and the other im not sure. I know years ago we took the super tramp up the morrison channel commin down from wispering willow marina and this was prefered as it was safer passage then either of the launchs mentioned above. If you could get above the launch Im sure the channel is safe. Just not sure if you dare cross the river to get above it as you have to give the point of the channel a wide birth and im not sure of the east side of the river at that point. Im hoping they drege the river on the east side out in front of tacklhaven. Outboards should not have a problem I/O's currently are at risk.

That is what im not sure about. Dont know that little piece of river real well.

I guess you could call braians marina and find out. He is a pretty nice guy and might know the answere to our question. If I get time today I will call him and check. Got to go replace a motor right now.

I've used both launches before. The one across from Tackle Haven is a public launch and there is a fee if someone is there tending the shack. Yes, you can drop in there and use the channel which crosses in front of Clementines. I haven't done it in a while but there is a small (invisible, underwater) channel that will lead you to the inlet. I'd have to use my outdrive to find it again like I did the first time. Last year, you could follow marker bouys but I don't know if they're out yet. You may want to call Tackle Haven, I bet they've been getting asked alot as well. They may have talked with the Army Corps of Engineers or Donkersloots.

Thanks.

Last time I was out was the same day I talked to you in the fog and on the way back in I had the outdrive trimmed all the way up and we were still churning up bottom so I dont want to chance it untill its safe.