Port Sheldon 9/16 PM

Knowing it’s been very slow in close we went out to 220 before setting up. Ran mostly flasher/flies and meat rigs. Ended up 4 for 5, 2 steelhead, a nice laker and a nice coho. All hits came on a West troll and between 230-250 FOW. Meat rigs ran were all Musslehead: Blue Bubble, Ain’t No Joke. Fly was a Glass Alewife Fireflies behind a 10 in white UV with green dots Spin Dr. Also got the larger steelhead on a Green Lightning 4 in Silver Horde. Beautiful day out there and it was flat calm and hot.

IMG_2009.JPGIMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

• Like 4

Knowing it’s been very slow in close we went out to 220 before setting up. Ran mostly flasher/flies and meat rigs. Ended up 4 for 5, 2 steelhead, a nice laker and a nice coho. All hits came on a West troll and between 230-250 FOW. Meat rigs ran were all Musslehead: Blue Bubble, Ain’t No Joke. Fly was a Glass Alewife Fireflies behind a 10 in white UV with green dots Spin Dr. Also got the larger steelhead on a Green Lightning 4 in Silver Horde. Beautiful day out there and it was flat calm and hot.

IMG_2009.thumb.JPG.975e293c29b311ef91a57e3012694332.JPGIMG_2010.thumb.JPG.349ddb56651ad6b33a4b2b020d8ca173.JPG

IMG_2005.thumb.JPG.d817c8878b0f836ed458a01359b1b282.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG
I forgot to add this picture. There were many monarch butterflies out around 240 FOW as well. Pretty cool and man the surface temp was so warm out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

last night mt buddy pulled a 26lber out of the mud right in front of Saugatuck - after Friday I told myself I need to just be done for the year but man its hard knowing the beasts are still out there! problem too now is I think water is warming along the shore which ought to bring any bite to a grinding halt...

• Like 1

last night mt buddy pulled a 26lber out of the mud right in front of Saugatuck - after Friday I told myself I need to just be done for the year but man its hard knowing the beasts are still out there! problem too now is I think water is warming along the shore which ought to bring any bite to a grinding halt...

Yup, we went out there as we knew we’d find fish, do every time out deep.

IMG_2012.thumb.JPG.2f06e9d150e0ce66f0ada57933f5af18.JPG
I forgot to add this picture. There were many monarch butterflies out around 240 FOW as well. Pretty cool and man the surface temp was so warm out there!

We had a monarch fly around us in circles for 2 hours on Saturday. Pretty cool. We also went deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  • Like 1