Had some steady king action at least early on. Started in 110 and worked our way out to 150. Best action was 150 where we finally found some cold water at 80 foot down, although we did have a few bites inside of that depth. We ended 5-9, all fish lost were silver. Started north and worked south all morning.

1-2 rigger down 80 glow meat rig UV green spinny (steelhead)

0-2 braid diver back 180 blue meat rig UV blue spinny

1/1 wire diver 140 back 10" nbk spinny proctologist fly (20 lb king)

0/1 wire diver back 160 yellow meat rig UV mixed veggie spinny

1/1 braid diver back 200 chrome mtn dew proctologist fly (king)

525 copper (yes you heard me) nbk spinny proctologist fly 1/1 (lake trout)

1/1 225 Cu super slim UV JagerBomb (steel)

Would've been nice to land a few more of those kings. I guess the meat rig hooks weren't working quite right. All fish really put a hammer down on the rods and screamed drag but got unbuttoned within a minute.

Good luck to anyone fishing Big Red this weekend! I'm not fishing it and just thought I'd stir the pot. Hehe.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice we fished Holland never found the fish. Marked a lot. 2 lakers. A screamer on a 300 copper that let go before we even grabbed the rod. Lakers came 130 foot of water. Only rip was on east troll heading in. At 110. Worked 130-160 most of the morning.

That's about 375' more copper than I care for.  Just wanted you to know someone noticed.
It was a bit excessive lol. Needed something to get down in the cold water, it caught a fish so I can't complain but I shudder to think of trying to reel in a 20 lb king on it.

Crazy 525 copper....but if it works...more power to you.

I was out there solo yesterday.  landed Coho and 10# King.  Lost a big King at the net.  All caught on the same rig...Mtn Dew SD and UV yellow meat rig on 2-color SWR 88 feet down to ball.  

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 12:56 PM, Salmon_slammin said:

Had some steady king action at least early on. Started in 110 and worked our way out to 150. Best action was 150 where we finally found some cold water at 80 foot down, although we did have a few bites inside of that depth. We ended 5-9, all fish lost were silver. Started north and worked south all morning.

1-2 rigger down 80 glow meat rig UV green spinny (steelhead)

0-2 braid diver back 180 blue meat rig UV blue spinny

1/1 wire diver 140 back 10" nbk spinny proctologist fly (20 lb king)

0/1 wire diver back 160 yellow meat rig UV mixed veggie spinny

1/1 braid diver back 200 chrome mtn dew proctologist fly (king)

525 copper (yes you heard me) nbk spinny proctologist fly 1/1 (lake trout)

1/1 225 Cu super slim UV JagerBomb (steel)

Would've been nice to land a few more of those kings. I guess the meat rig hooks weren't working quite right. All fish really put a hammer down on the rods and screamed drag but got unbuttoned within a minute.

Good luck to anyone fishing Big Red this weekend! I'm not fishing it and just thought I'd stir the pot. Hehe.

Great report, very informative! Thank you!

• Like 1