Kicker motor

I am thinking of getting a kicker for my 18 ft CC fiberglass boat. I currently have an Yamaha F70. I was looking at a Yamaha T9.9 that my local dealer has for $2975. But he has a new Yamaha F9.9 long shaft that he will let me have for $1700 since it's the last one he has on the floor. Would I be happy with the F9.9 for $1300 less or should I get the T9.9.  I don't feel I need the electric start plus if I did I could add it later and I thought maybe the lighter F9.9 mounted on my panther auxilary mount might be better for trailering over the 30 lb plus heavier T9.9.  Thanks for any input. 

On 7/26/2018 at 8:12 PM, Nysrx01 said:

I am thinking of getting a kicker for my 18 ft CC fiberglass boat. I currently have an Yamaha F70. I was looking at a Yamaha T9.9 that my local dealer has for $2975. But he has a new Yamaha F9.9 long shaft that he will let me have for $1700 since it's the last one he has on the floor. Would I be happy with the F9.9 for $1300 less or should I get the T9.9.  I don't feel I need the electric start plus if I did I could add it later and I thought maybe the lighter F9.9 mounted on my panther auxilary mount might be better for trailering over the 30 lb plus heavier T9.9.  Thanks for any input. 

I have an 18’ aluminum  that had an 8 hp short shaft for many years. The boat has an OMC auxiliary mount for raising and lowering the motor. This year I replaced the 8 hp short shaft with a new 6 hp long shaft and I wish I would have done it years ago.  The prop stays in the water in rough seas where the short shaft didn’t. JFWIW