Muskegon 7-24 - 7 AM to Noon

1 for 3 with 2 of us on the boat - me and a newbie - fog was thick so we motored out slowly to about 80 FOW - started just north of port and set up heading south - good marks, good bait, good temps - surface was 64 and 43 deg on the bottom.

Had the 300 CU go with a green mag flounder pounder - fish was a mature and fought hard for 3-4 minutes and came off - then 10 minutes later - the 200 CU rips - and this fish was MUCH bigger - never gave an inch or put the brakes on - he turned and headed north and never looked back - he hit a reel that didn't have as much backing on it and I had to muscle him - but he broke off - BIG KING #2 LOST

Then - the braided dipsy out 150 on 2.5 with green SD and fly ripped - this was a smaller fish but boated him after a few minutes - 15# king....

Fog lifted about 11 am

Very glad to see some kings show up - heading out this weekend and next week!

• Like 7

1 for 3 with 2 of us on the boat - me and a newbie - fog was thick so we motored out slowly to about 80 FOW - started just north of port and set up heading south - good marks, good bait, good temps - surface was 64 and 43 deg on the bottom.
Had the 300 CU go with a green mag flounder pounder - fish was a mature and fought hard for 3-4 minutes and came off - then 10 minutes later - the 200 CU rips - and this fish was MUCH bigger - never gave an inch or put the brakes on - he turned and headed north and never looked back - he hit a reel that didn't have as much backing on it and I had to muscle him - but he broke off - BIG KING #2 LOST
Then - the braided dipsy out 150 on 2.5 with green SD and fly ripped - this was a smaller fish but boated him after a few minutes - 15# king....
Fog lifted about 11 am
Very glad to see some kings show up - heading out this weekend and next week!

I’ll be out there too. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App