Most Productive Depth For Walleye for 06'

Just wondering where everybodies best depth was for walleye. Mine was in the 23 to 27 fow. Our best set up was Big Jon mini disc with a varied length leader usually it was 4 to 6 ft depends on the clarity of water,and our hottest spoons were Silver Streak greasy chicken wing, wonderbread, and the hot lobster. Were by far the only spoons that repeated success for several trips, we atleast averaged 12 to 14 fish each trip.

I got the majority of my eye's over 68-70 fow, usually down 35-45 with dipsey's being the way to go. The hot lure till mid july were the MI Stingers in oil slick chicken wing, monkey puke, and superman. After about mid July I switched over to a larger watermelon, metallic spoon.And we couldn't keep them off the things!

Of course I always have 1 firetiger worm harness out there behind a big dipsey on "0" setting 35' back on the reels line counter. so figure 8' leader and 35' from the reel, right in the prop wash, the walleye like it there for some reason. And when one of them hits it it a beutiful site seeing that rod start dancing like it does ! I can't wait!

I got the majority of my eye's over 68-70 fow, usually down 35-45 with dipsey's being the way to go. The hot lure till mid july were the MI Stingers in oil slick chicken wing, monkey puke, and superman. After about mid July I switched over to a larger watermelon, metallic spoon.And we couldn't keep them off the things!

Of course I always have 1 firetiger worm harness out there behind a big dipsey on "0" setting 35' back on the reels line counter. so figure 8' leader and 35' from the reel, right in the prop wash, the walleye like it there for some reason. And when one of them hits it it a beutiful site seeing that rod start dancing like it does ! I can't wait!

I'm drooling with envy "shu" fishing water 35-45 down, i'd have to go 25 miles north for that. That is a pretty site watching that rod thump in the rod holder.Soon we'll be yelling the famous words "fish on", I can't wait either........

22-30 FOW. Bottom Bouncers with various color homemade crawler harnesses. More limits than not last yr, but a lot of under size fish. Should be another G8 yr.
Yep the fish you caught last yr Frank should all be keepers this yr, better go out and get another freezer,your gonna fill it up fast.........

Hi all,

my most productive depth was from 65-70 fow too. Dipsy divers was the best bet. 3 on each side set at 1,2,3, 130, 150, 170 on one side and 150, 170, 200 on the other side. Best color copper mrs. pauls, kevorkian, clark kent, monkeypuke, holly chrsitmas. Second best leadcore full spool out with a 3 way, kaboom 3 foot leader on the bottom and a scorpion 2 foot leader on top.

Shallow is good over here in central lake erie along the shoreline in the spring. 15-25 foot may thru june, thats when I run my other secret weapon. A diving body bait with no hooks and a 3 foot leader tied to the front hook ring of the lure with a stinger scorpion. very deadly..:D

Shallow is good over here in central lake erie along the shoreline in the spring. 15-25 foot may thru june, thats when I run my other secret weapon. A diving body bait with no hooks and a 3 foot leader tied to the front hook ring of the lure with a stinger scorpion. very deadly..:D
I usually run something similiar but i still use the Big Jon mini disc.. And it is deadly....

:skull: