Support Your Local Bait & Tackle Stores

Make sure you support your local bait and tackle stores. I was thinking about my recent trip from SW Michigan over to Lake Erie for walleye fishing. I called the Fishermans Wharf in Port Clinton and they told me where the fish were and what they were biting on. Got our three man limit. Try getting that kind of info at one of the big box stores.  These are certainly not the only ones out there, just a few I've used.  Stop by to see them if you are traveling in their area to get the local fishing report. 

D&R Sports - Kalamazoo Mi

Tackle Haven - Benton Harbor/St Joe Mi

Outdoorsman Pro Shop - Jennison Mi

Armstrongs Bait and Sport Shop - Whitehall Mi

The Timbers Resort - Lake Gogebic/Bergland Mi

Pits Place Bait and Tackle - Chapleau Ontario

Happy Hooker Outdoors - Oak Harbor Oh

The Fishermans Wharf - Port Clinton Oh

Hi-Way Bait and Tackle- Marblehead Oh

Tex's Tackle and Bait - Wilmington NC

• Like 1

I second both that JDH posted and will add:

Captain Chuck's in Ludington

PM Expeditions a few miles south of Ludington has a pretty good selection of tackle as well.  (And a great selection of booze and munchies)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget Frankfort Tackle Box. Been picking up some rod/reel combos and baits the last couple years. Good service.

Jay's doesn't have the hands on assistance, but their selection has improved lately, also being Michigan based.

Thanks for the info. Want to fish Frankfort yet this year. I'll make sure to stop in there. I would almost exclude Jays from my big box store classification. I agree they are Michigan based and do have a great selection of tackle for what we fish for in Michigan. Franks Great Outdoors is another Michigan based larger store like Jays. 

2 hours ago, Sea Eagle said:

Thanks for the info. Want to fish Frankfort yet this year. I'll make sure to stop in there. I would almost exclude Jays from my big box store classification. I agree they are Michigan based and do have a great selection of tackle for what we fish for in Michigan. Franks Great Outdoors is another Michigan based larger store like Jays. 

Get there early and Christine usually has coffee to go with the advice.

• Thanks 1

• Just got back from Sterling on Lake Erie. 1st stop was Jeffs Bait shop who set me up for an incredible walleye adventure. everything I needed including where to fish. Highly recommended small bait shop.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FBD said:

Frank's and Northwoids are both hazardous to my wallet.

I always tell the young guys just getting into it to always pay for your fishing tackle in cash. Checks, credit and debit cards let your wife know how much you really spend. My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell off my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it. 

• Like 1