New To Me ....

Baydawg

032807_19051.jpg

The Sara-E is a 1989 Crestliner Sabre 245GL Hardtop. She is powered by a 3.7lx mercruiser and a 9.9 four stroke Mercury. She is riggged with a LCX-27c, Raymarine 435 and a Raymarine VHF. She also has an old school ultranav loran C system.

I put a pair of Vector downriggers over the winter. I also rigged her with 10 pursuit rod holders.

I will run this boat mostly on Lake Erie with occasional trips to Michigan and Ontario.

VN Boat Baydog. I am very partial towards the Hardtops. They are like finding a shade tree in the middle of the desert. I know you will enjoy your new ride. :)

If you want to run big boards, the Hartops make it so EZ. A couple of 1/4 inch S.S. eye bolts as high and as close to the front of the HT as possible, is all you need. This is inexpensive and it leaves a nice clean look. If you want some details PM me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Baydog, I purcahsed one just like it last year and what room in the back. It handels the waves great and with the dual gas tanks and kicker it was a treat on gas campared to running the 350 merc all the time. My brother in law has the 23 foot version of it and after fishing on his i had to get one. does it have the cut out on the transom for the kicker with all the controls pre rigged. everyone that seen that at camp loved that feature and i have to agree with them. good luck with it!

Hey Baydog, I purcahsed one just like it last year and what room in the back. It handels the waves great and with the dual gas tanks and kicker it was a treat on gas campared to running the 350 merc all the time. My brother in law has the 23 foot version of it and after fishing on his i had to get one. does it have the cut out on the transom for the kicker with all the controls pre rigged. everyone that seen that at camp loved that feature and i have to agree with them. good luck with it!

no it has the flat transom. I added a fulton bracket for the little merc.

I have a 1986 24.5 GLE, old charter boat from Augres. I has the 4.3 and you can fish all day on 10 gallons. Trim tabs really help keep it in the water when it is ruff. A rocket launcher on the hardtop helps keep spare rods out of the way and accessable.

I have a 1986 24.5 GLE, old charter boat from Augres. I has the 4.3 and you can fish all day on 10 gallons. Trim tabs really help keep it in the water when it is ruff. A rocket launcher on the hardtop helps keep spare rods out of the way and accessable.

do you have any pics of your rigging?