Does your boat fish 'good' or 'bad'?

Hi all. I own Lurecharge products where I create natural voltage on fishing lures. Throughout my learning curve I have discovered that some metals, depending on their makeup, will actually repel fish. My first clue was about 5 yrs ago when I sent some of my anodes to a friend in Ontario for ice fishing perch. Instead of attaching the anode to his lure metals and creating a galvanic cell, he attached the anode up the line 2 ft like a split shot weight (same size). There was a group if 6 in a circle. For the first half of the day, he never caught any. The guys on either side of him caught very little and the 3 furthest away had decent catches. At mid day, he removed the anode and all catches were equal after that. This has nagged me ever since. 

Now, we have all heard, or experienced, something like; "My old boat fished way better than my new one", or, "I can't catch fish unless I have 150 ft of line out". Being a career west coast salmon troller, I had a pretty good idea of what it took to make a boat 'fishy'. What I didn't know was just how extremely sensitive fish are to seemingly small differences. My own curiosity led me to learn more about this phenomenon. Last summer I advertised free help to those with suspect boats. This offer was so I could add more scenarios to my data base and to improve my understanding of 'why'. I had a surprising number of responses  from owners of both aluminum and glass boats, in both fresh and salt water. In all cases, the reason that a boat is fishy or not is based on the boat's electric signature in water. You may think that the signature won't be felt a long distance by fish. You would be wrong. On Canada's west coast, we very often fish for chinook salmon at depths of 200 ft or more. When a boat here is giving off a 'nasty' signature, you won't catch fish even at those depths and beyond. I recently did 2 tv episodes on Nice Fish. Near the end of the second show, I measured the hull voltage beside the boat and then strung out 150' of wire with a reader probe attached to a float. The voltage reading out there was almost the same as beside the boat. If a boat does have a negative signature, this can quite easily be reversed and modified. This applies right down to a car topper aluminum skiff.  I am still hoping to expand my knowledge, so if any forum members would like my assistance, post your problems in reply, so other members might benefit. If you are shy, send a pm. 

P.S. I made up some mini tuners this winter and sent them to ice fishermen. The first report was that the user outfished his 3 buddies on perch by 1 1/2 times, even after swapping holes with all of them. So, even my anodes can have 'jekyll or hyde' influences. By themselves, they can repel fish. By being attached to the right metals, they attract fish. Your boat metals will do the same thing.

Al

so you say you make them for fishing lures but wonder about boats. I had a captain who once said the boat didn't catch many fish until the kicker was attached to the main. We never trolled with the kicker it was just for backup. We tried a cannon black box but it was while prefishing and during a tournament. Never spent that much time with it but don't believe it made any difference. Good luck with your company and free advertising and pr or critical replys on this website. If I have to make a choice I say the electronic charge thing is bs.

I have many skeptics as well out here in BC. I also have dedicated customers that are, multi year, sports, charter and commercial fishermen. Even some commercial fishermen have tested my tuned lures and says that it makes little difference, if any at all. I have found that boats that do have a 'fish friendly' signature, or use a black box, will have lesser noticeable catches. This is because the area is already saturated with a positive voltage field.

I had 2 guys in particular last year that had almost identical stories. They both had aluminum boats and could not catch fish unless they had 150 ft of fishing line out. The problem there is that some aluminum by itself, and with no sacrificial anodes attached, will give off a negative signature. Once you add a lesser noble metal to the aluminum, the aluminum then switches it's signature to a positive. I also posted info on Piscatorial Pursuits (another fishing forum) last year and one of the members, who I do not know and is not a customer, posted "My aluminum jet boat went from zero to killer in 2 zincs". 

Believe what you will, but do you have a better explanation of why one boat will fish better than another? As far as the captain and his kicker motor, you might find this interesting. 

well its a bad day to have a new phone nut the video quit just as you were getting on the kicker subject. I dont know, thought there was something to this years ago. After consistently being at least with the fleet or many times way above we gave up on it.

I am also helping a Georgian Bay fisherman who used to guide but had to stop because he couldn't catch fish for his clients. He bought some of my voltage tuned lures and still he could not catch fish. That is how bad his boat was. I had several conversations with them and we worked out a few bugs by bonding things. He was starting to catch fish at the end of the season. That was when he informed me that his 20 ft fiberglass boat also had a metal swim platform added to the transom, and it was contacting the water, but not connected to his bonding system. 

So, aluminum boats are not the only type that will repel fish. He will send me some pictures soon and he will be catching his share of fish this spring.

• 1 year later...

The most recent complaint came from a chap who had recently purchased an 18' Lund with a single outboard. He now claims to be at about a 30% catch rate of where he used to be with his old boat. I asked him some questions and found out that the boat was completely paint sealed at the factory. I made some suggestions on how to improve the fishability of his boat and am expecting some feedback soon. I will update on this topic when I hear from him.

• 4 weeks later...