Lines down at 8 and up at 11:30.  Had my 16ft river boat so the 1-3's this morning made it a bit stumbly in the boat.  Set down by the pump station and stayed within a mile of it.  Water temp was 36-36.8.  River water was 42. Wind out of the SW.  All flat lines.

13-18 all 18-21 inch coho.  Threw back 3 small guys.  Couple on orange or red thin fins.  Couple on brown trout rapala.  1 on a Jr Flutter devil..  Stars of the day were 3.0 mag lips in Metallic orange flame and Copper mine.  Took 9 of the hits.  Could have limited earlier but after realizing the coho were thick we tried the beach for a while for browns.  Lots of nets flying.

Ramps still not in at Benton Harbor.  All ramps in at St Joe

coho.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

We went 7-8, in St. Joe yesterday, but had to pull lines early because someone (me) forgot to gas up the boat when he put it away last fall. I always gas up the boat before I put it in storage, so I checked everything but the gas in the boat as I was getting it ready for the first trip of the year. Trolled south from the pier heads. Steady action between 18-30 ft of water. Started out with a mix of small spoons, dodgers and peanut fly, jointed crank baits and a wiggle wart, but went to 3.5 mag lips after it went twice. Metallic gold flame was the hot lure with copper/black bill and flouresent orange/black spots also taking fish.

2 hours ago, Sea Eagle said:

We went 7-8, in St. Joe yesterday, but had to pull lines early because someone (me) forgot to gas up the boat when he put it away last fall. I always gas up the boat before I put it in storage, so I checked everything but the gas in the boat as I was getting it ready for the first trip of the year. Trolled south from the pier heads. Steady action between 18-30 ft of water. Started out with a mix of small spoons, dodgers and peanut fly, jointed crank baits and a wiggle wart, but went to 3.5 mag lips after it went twice. Metallic gold flame was the hot lure with copper/black bill and flouresent orange/black spots also taking fish.

I think we talked to you at the launch around noon?  Or maybe there was another guy who forgot to gas up LOL.  That copper black bill is the copper mine.