Best budget rods?

For someone new to fishing (relatively), what would be the best "introduction" rod that is not too pricey? 

I would prefer to just order it online seeing as we don't have many fishing shops in my area. I am not sure what things to look for with shopping so any advice on that would help too!

If you are on a budget, I'd watch the want ads here and other online forums, craigs list and ebay, you can find some deals there.  We also have a number of tackle shop sponsors at the bottom of the forums, check their websites for sales. 

Diawa wilderness. I bought about a dozen when i first started and still have all of them. They are bulletproof. You can dind them for about 12 bucks i think. Heavy for dipsy's medium for core and mediun light for riggers.
I have been slowly transitioning to shimano tdr and okuma copper rods. Those are also very affordable middle of the road rods. The diawas are being moved to the little tin boat and used as loaners.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

10 hours ago, budwinn42 said:

Talk to Russel Gahagan at anglers Avenue. I like okuma classic Pro GLT. They’re about 25-35 bucks, but they have a nice triangular grip above the reel, and really nice line guides.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Agreed. That series offers everything you could ever need also (diver rods, rigger rods, copper rods)

Diawa Wilderness series is what I liked for riggers.  Very inexpensive and the closest in action that I found to the original Daiwa "Great Lakes System" rods I used back in the '70s.  I have a mix of Shimano, Daiwa, and Okuma rods for divers, cores and flat lines based on the action I prefer.   I never found it necessary to spend a lot of money on a rod.  

FishingFry23, I think I recall in another post you were going to be fishing Lk Erie. Most of the people on this site are focused on salmon fishing and the advice on this thread is geared toward that.  Most people on Erie target walleye or perch unless you are fishing the eastern end or the Canadian shore off Wheatly.  I fish the western basis some and use lighter rods and lighter tackle than I do for salmon. We do run divers and some short coppers but mostly 6-7ft rods with 10-12lb line. Walleyes dont fight hard and are more fun on lighter tackle than used for salmon. Just wanted to mention that in case you will be mostly fishing perch or walleye