Need some help. Please

I used to own a boat, sold it bought camper.  Would like to get back into the shore / pier fishing again.  Would like some suggestion of beach and pier fishing poles for steelhead and salmon.  Not look to drop a ton of money.  I know that Northwood in Linwood michigan has good poles and feels.  Any suggestion would be helpful. Also medium weight or should I go to a medium light or medium heavy?   Thank you guys for any info...  PAUL

I like 9 ft  medium/light action rods for pier fishing.  10 ftrs or making some extended height rod holders are better for fishing off the beach to get your line about the breakers.  Have not been in the market for new pier rods in years so can't help you on what's out there now.

That' exacly what I use on the piers and in the river..  medium lite 9 foot 6 inch. But quick question are you casting spoons or are you fishing live bait on a pier float rig??if casting spoons a 8 foot 6inch  to 9 foot medium or medium heavy..  even seen a few heavy rods that were not bad for casting larger moonshine spoons. You really got to look at what your planning on doing with it.. for most general purpose stuff a medium lite or medium is perfect.. with the medium lite you can run 6 and 8 pound test leads for steel head and small coho'  in spring..  and up it to 12 pound in fall for salmon.. with a medium it harder to use small stuff in the river cause you cant feel bottom with rod.. I usally run braid in fall 30# to be exact on a 10 foot 6 inch okuma guide slected and or a okuma Celio 9 foot 6 inch bolth medium lite rods...  once winter gets here I change back to mono main line of 12 #with leads for 10#to 6#...   any how I can handle around 5 to 6 ounces on my mL rods..   with pier float rigs I use surf claws sinkers even pyramid sinkers to bulldozer sinkers these sinkers help with roll and holding bottom . .. okuma makes a great rod so does fenwick and shimano I prefer okuma cause the higher end has lifetime warranties.. unlike shimano any more.. I think fenwick does but I don' think they ever include the salmon sTeel head series.. if you know any one who builds rods batson enterprises bought Garry Loomis new company and have some really nice rod blanks .. other then that get a good reel and let the fish run best you can...