Ludington 9-30

We didn't think we could get out this morning due to NOAA so we made no plans to get up. I rolled put of bed at 7:30, looked at the bouy and surface map and called my neighbors. We had lines down in the 55s in 100fow on a west troll at 9am.  Had a pile of cold water inside and it warmed up as we headed west. Our first hit was a pop down screamer on a secret weapon rig with a mongolian beef ms down 40 ft on a rigger.   It was a 15 pound sliver immature king. Put up a great fight and what a good sign for  next year.  We never expected that and we were smiling!  Then we landed a 2 year old king 10 minutes later on a 3 color with a ms orange flounder both in the 35s.  I thought we might light them up but we  took a loop back in and out and no bites over the same water.   We kept going west and released a small king in the 36s on a half core with a yeck jerid. We got a 9lb steelhead on a dw super slim carmel dolphin on a high line with a 2 oz weight in the 37s. We trolled a couple miles further west with no bites and then back in with no more bites. Has some awesome scum lines with rippin current and birds and no fish. Probably the last troll for us this season. Really enjoyed the new boat this year.

Screenshot_20170930-105051.png

20170930_130627.jpg

20170930_123115.jpg

Resized_20170825_212820.jpeg

• Like 2