Holland am, 9-21

1/1 with a 4# laketrout taken on 270 cu with Green RV-1 Flounder Pounder, in 129 fow at 10:16 am, 2.8 sog, north troll. I must have had the fish on for awhile. When I brought the line in, it got stuck in the eyelet when the copper started to separate and unraveI. I cut away the bad parts, rejoined the line and brought the fish in. My swivel must not have been rotating. No other releases. Very bouncy 3-4 ft rollers not the 1ft forecast. Another boat out there caught a 12# steelhead in 145 fow on green meat rig down 100ft on a rigger. I was lucky enough to weigh it while I  was waiting to clean my fish. They were fishing friends of mine. I guess I need to buy some more meat?

• Like 1

Holland am, 9-21

1/1 with a 4# laketrout taken on 270 cu with Green RV-1 Flounder Pounder, in 129 fow at 10:16 am, 2.8 sog, north troll. I must have had the fish on for awhile. When I brought the line in, it got stuck in the eyelet when the copper started to separate and unraveI. I cut away the bad parts, rejoined the line and brought the fish in. My swivel must not have been rotating. No other releases. Very bouncy 3-4 ft rollers not the 1ft forecast. Another boat out there caught a 12# steelhead in 145 fow on green meat rig down 100ft on a rigger. I was lucky enough to weigh it while I  was waiting to clean my fish. They were fishing friends of mine. I guess I need to buy some more meat?

I tried meat for a while this morning out of Grand Haven but found no takers

Sent from my iPad using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  • Like 1