Port Sheldon 8-26-AM

Port Sheldon 8-26-AM

Started out in 120 fow and worked  out to 180. The best area for us was between 120 and 140 fow. Ended up 3 for 4  two kings and one steel head

what worked

dr at 125 1 kings and 1 steel on green ladder back J-plug

dr at 110  1- king brook off above J-plug

400 copper--1 king on clear SD with a mirage fly

no luck with 300 copper or dipsey's--no hits on spoons or other combinations of SD and fly's

the lake was bumpy compared to the forecast of under one foot-- all in all a good day on the lake.

• Like 4

I question the accuracy of that bouy sometimes. I was out there and those waves were definitely larger than 1.2', even by the bouy. There were some whitecaps so they had to be at least 2'. I managed to pick up one coho 60 down in 75' on a white paddle and green fly but that was it. Got too rough for me fishing solo. Lots of marks between 60-75.

Sent from my iPad using Great Lakes Fisherman

I question the accuracy of that bouy sometimes. I was out there and those waves were definitely larger than 1.2', even by the bouy. There were some whitecaps so they had to be at least 2'. I managed to pick up one coho 60 down in 75' on a white paddle and green fly but that was it. Got too rough for me fishing solo. Lots of marks between 60-75.

Sent from my iPad using Great Lakes Fisherman

IMG_2852.jpgIMG_2854.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  • Like 1