Ludington 8-19 pm

Ludington 8-19 pm

Buoy said 1.6'.  Buoy was wrong.  All waves look bigger in a 14' but it was sporty out there.  Not dangerous but far from comfortable. 40 minutes to bludgeon our way out to 80' off the project, marking bait in 70-80'.  SW wind becoming south but the thermocline came up while we were out there.  Weird.  And currents were a mess.  I bet our plot last night looks like a college pub crawl on quarter draft night.

Had a swing and a miss on a white spinny green  fly out 250' on a wire in 110' then took a fat 7.5# coho on a mag SS UV green dolphin off a 300 copper.  Cloverleafed that spot and nothing more so we headed in closer.  Took a small, and I mean small laker on the same wire diver.  About eight lost a good king on a swr down 60 mag bloody nose Moonshine.  Got all set up for the late bite that never happened.  Had to turn when some big azz car ferry would not move for me.  Really?  I got coppers out...

Ran back in, well, more of a brisk jog, pump running the whole time as those 1.6' were coming over the bow.

Cleaning station didn't have much of a line.  Guy who went 9/12 in the am was skunked last  night.  Would have been nice to have that king.

But after towing the boat up here 8 times and fishing four I finally got something more than 2# out of Ludington.  Every time I tow it up here the weather turns, I run out of time, or there's enough ducks around that I don't get to fishing.

Now to drive 20 miles to the cop shop to see if I can get my $30 parking ticket tossed as my receipt slid off my dash last night.  Sigh.

• Like 3