Got a new new knife sharpener

Got a new new knife sharpener
So i got this new knife sharpener for my fillet knives. Let me tell ya i am supper impressed with this thing. It is called a work sharp. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Work-Sharp-Electric-Knife-and-Tool-Sharpener/1218828.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D108093780%26CQ_search%3Dworksharp%26WTz_stype%3DREG This thisg is awesome. Cabelas has a demo unit that they tell you to bring in a knife and they will sharpen it. I took my 12 in victorinix to a couple different place and they just could not get the thing sharp. I was ready to go and buy a new one. They guy at Cabelas spent ten minutes on it and you could shave with the thing. So i was sold. Went home did all my fillet knives. Knives that I haven't been able to get really sharp in years you can now shave with them.  Sunday when i went to clean fish i sliced down and went right through the spine of 2 fish like it wasn't even there. Totally impressed with how sharp this thing got my knives. I did Jon Marvins knifes also with it. Not sure if he has had a chance to try them out.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bob when I went there he was explaining that the only time you use the green belt p80 is when there is really no edge. My 12 inch Victorinox couldn't cut butter. He ran it through three times on each side and then lightly on the first side to remove the burr. then went to the red p220 belt five times on each side then removed the burr. Finally he went to the purple 6000 and did ten times on each side and once on the first to remove the burr. When we was done you could literally shave with that knife. He used the 20 degree (40 included) kitchen knife guide as most fillet knives are sharpened at a 18 degree angle. the only way to get the 18 degree is with the ken onion version. I used the red belt on all my other knives when I got home with mine and between three to five pass they were razor sharp. I didn't use the purple belt on them. I think when I have to touch them up I am going to use the purple belts till they need an aggressive sharpening again. I bought this one https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Work-Sharp-Knife-Sharpener-P381C68.aspx the kitchen guide 40 included  is the black large guide that slide over the top. http://www.worksharptools.com/40-kitchen-knife-guide.html. There are a couple videos on youtube that went into really good detail on using it and there are videos on the website that teach you to use it.

• 1 month later...