South Haven 8/14 AM

Boy, I made a few mistakes yesterday!

1st. the flag at the beach was blowing from the E/SE. meaning the further out we go the bumpier it’s going to be.  Eleanor’s haul design does not like bumpy water.

2nd. I went the wrong direction. Yep, went N/W to my favorite area, should have gone S/W.

3rd. I had my camera on the boat, that’s never good!!!!!

Cleared the river around 0530 and powered to 70, check the scope, powered to 80 and started lay-out.  Started with 4 assorted CU’s w/ SD’s and flies and spoons on the higher lines, and DR’s with 11” chart. glow paddle minus the E-chip with a A-Tom fly that’s been good and a Mountain Dew spinnie/green glow squid.  1st. 5# King hit the F/F in about 115.  Then in about 125 the 250x30 CU w/ a Mx Veggie sounds off but won’t clear the inside board so I told my guest just to hold him until he does.  Meanwhile the DR w/ the spinnie fires and my other guest grabs the rod and boats a nice little 10-12#er while a small chrome is jumping outside the boards.  At least we landed the King.  During the course of the short morning we had 2 board hits, no fish, 2 paddles hits, 1 greaser, and 4 spinnie hits for 2 kings.  When the waves started coming over the closed transom it was time to call it and limp slowly limp toward my waypoint into the wind/waves.

Thanks Jim and Rick for the company and putting up with me. I told ya about the curse of the guests on Eleanor. Sorry, maybe next time!

Martin

• Like 4