family trips shallow 8-13-14

family trips shallow 8-13-14

Well the walleye and salmon fishing has been very good over the last couple weeks. I Have went salmon fishing more times then walleye fishing in the past weeks being the salmon action has been red HOTT. My good friends salmon boat is docked in south haven so I've made the trip several times now with limit catches and many kings 20 to 30 pounds. Enough of that back to walleye was able to hit the water with the family yesterday and today out of the private lodge north of sebewaing. We are trolling a half mile off shore inside the island chain on a big weed bed just packed with about every king of fish in the lake directly in front of my private lodge and launch does not get any easier or fun especially with the kid's.We trolled 4 to 7 fow with three quarter oz bouncers 10 to 12 foot off the boards at 1.7 to 1.9. mph. We csught a mess of large walleye,northern pike, jumbo perch and gills and several small mouth bass all on crawler harnesses.The kids had a blast and dad was happy cause the cooler was packed with an assortment of great eating fish. Burned 2 gallons of gas for two trips I also liked that. check my post from this time last year for more info on this big weed bed.

• Thanks 1