Fishing report

Fishing report

Coming up next weekend. Trying to decide if we should stay in the southern part of the bay (Linwood) or move further north to maybe around Au Gres. Any fishing reports would be much appreciate.  Thanks 

Myles,

I fish out of the Saginaw River.  In the last 5 days, Wednesday we got 9, Thursday 7, Friday 2, Saturday 4 Sunday 10.  I normally run to the deep basin between the channel and the Callahan Reef, fishing about 20 - 26 feet of water.

The walleye that are still in the inner bay are generally smaller, lots of fish that are legal with the new 13" limit, but not quite 'good eaters' as they filet up rather small. 

The warm water has driven the big boys deep.

If I were you, keep heading north to Tawas.

8 hours ago, I_Catch_Her said:

Myles,

I fish out of the Saginaw River.  In the last 5 days, Wednesday we got 9, Thursday 7, Friday 2, Saturday 4 Sunday 10.  I normally run to the deep basin between the channel and the Callahan Reef, fishing about 20 - 26 feet of water.

The walleye that are still in the inner bay are generally smaller, lots of fish that are legal with the new 13" limit, but not quite 'good eaters' as they filet up rather small. 

The warm water has driven the big boys deep.

If I were you, keep heading north to Tawas.

I just booked a hotel in Au gres. I've only fished there onces but everything I've been reading is saying there's bigger fish up that way. Thanks for the report. Much appreciated!