SoHa 7/27

4 for 7; 2 coho n 2 lakers. Lost steelie when slider broke, coho got off on CJohn Or Crush Spoon n fish got off on CJohn green frog BTI n meat rig.

All fish in 170-185 fow except 1 laker on way in in 138'.

Laker on CJohn BTI n meat rig down 84'.

Coho on CJ Or Crush spoon on slider with main down 85.

Laker n coho on 300' copper on double or crush spoon.

Copper was modified with 1 1/2 colors of lead on end n fluoro leader per tip from friend DImitri.

All fish and lost fish between 10-11:30 except laker in 138' at 1:30.

Dead calm till noon when wind shifted n picked up out of north. Fish shutdown n easy 2-4s when we pulled lines at 1:45.

Pure Michigan on Lac Mich!

• Like 5

Must of been near you.  Most of my time between 180 and 200 FOW.  Fished from 7:15 AM to noon+.  Caught one 8# King in 145 on way out.  One 5# Steelhead in 195 FOW.  No other hits.  King on DR at 70 down with yellow Big Weenie flasher and UV yellow "Mustard gas" meat rig.  Steelhead on 300 copper with Big Weenie UV Spotted dick flasher and matching meat rig.

Done fishing until possibly August 4/5.  And I have the week of August 7-12 off.  Hope the weather is better in August than the last 2 years!

Great catch.  Much better than I did.

Hey Cappy Dan,

Great post for a great day. Thanks for the detailed post. Looks like you gave it a great effort and worked hard for the fish you got. From the picture you posted on Facebook, you boys really enjoyed your time on the water.  Keep working that Cu/Pb combo. Have faith in it. Once you learn to deploy it correctly, you'll be astonished at the results. I have my best results with my 200 ft Cu deployed with Captn Kings Crushed Florescent Orange on the end (see photo):  CFO_G_SB_small1.JPG
  I'll do my best with posting results for next week's forays outta Manistee. WiFi access will be a problem.

Tight lines!

Yeah Creekerman u must have been near us. We saw some boats to west of us, so one was probably you.

Deep riggers in the warm water seamed to do the trick; same for full copper.

Dimitri, we had 225 copper out but had to pull it when fish caused bad tangle in it. Have to work on it today to see if I can save it.( was able to work on it at home n save it).

Greek: Good luck in Manistee. Saw some reports Wed that kings were on fire in Ludville but not quite up to Manistee yet. They should be there first of Aug when u r up there. Good luck.

• Like 1