Who is going fishing this weekend

caznik

Well Member's,

It sounds like the weather is going to be pretty nice this weekend. My boat is not ready to go fishing yet because I have to mount my new downriigers on. But anyways, is anyone going to give it a shot this weekend? My bet this weekend would be pretty good way down south by Indiana. Well if you get a chance to get out, just want to say good luck and catch lots of fish.

Caznik

On Sunday, March 18, I stopped at the launch ramp in Portage, IN. There were 36 trucks and trailers in the parking lot. I talked with a dad and his 12 year-old son when they were pulling the boat out and they had 10 Cohos and Browns. The Cohos were really nice sized, all about 3-6 pounds.

I also know two guys who fished the surf in Port Sheldon on Saturday and they both walked away with 3 nice Browns after only 2 hours of fishing.

Thanks for the report levi

Two years ago we cleaned up on the same weekend in march going 27 for 33 with my late brother inlaw who passed away two months ago. one of the best days in my almost 30 yr of fishing. It was the last fishing trip mark and I ever took togther.

my big boats not ready yet so i may go to gun lk to look for some perch ,only becouse the k-zoo is going to be blown out again after to nite with 1.5 inches of rain here since 1:30 this after noon

Hey Terry,

I been wanting to know where to fish for those perch there at Gun lake. I have a buddy at work that allways catches them and will not even tell anyone. Sea- mac is suppose to show up at my house at 11am to make some flies. If you are going in the evening maybe we can meet you there.

well let me know, I probly shouldn't go because my lower back is hurting more.

But I can see,

Rich

i fish them in what i call the flats its the area that you can see from gun lk road in bairds cove in about 4 to 6 ft of water you need to find the small clumps of weeds ,also behind {on the north side of party island}and out in front of madisons marine near marsh road, sorry rich but im going to trie and go in the morning on sat. with a guy from work

also silver one i live about 3 miles west of allegan on monroe rd i will trie to post a reprot after i get back

I'm about to burst! Just short of an unexpected event of biblical porportion, I will be trolling along the shores of our prized Great Lake. St. Joe and heading South till. It won't be about the catching, just the fishing on this voyage.

Just like to say good luck to everyone that has a chance to get out and go fishing this weekend. Looks like the wave conditions are going to be great out there..

Good luck:

Caznik

SATURDAY

EAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS BACKING NORTHWEST LATE IN THE

DAY. PARTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

SATURDAY NIGHT

NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS VEERING EAST AFTER

MIDNIGHT. MOSTLY CLOUDY THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 1 FOOT OR

LESS.

WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FOR ICE FREE AREAS.

Mooseky and I will be out in the silver one. Channel 68 is the one most of the guys hang out on in st. Joe. Give a shout.

Dirty dog

Good luck on the perch. I know right where your talking about. Good spot. Another is on the west side of the state park out where the old rice beds use to be. Great spot just after the ice goes out.

hey rich i did go yesterday morning aftre the rain stoped i fish all the spots that ive got them in before and could not find a perch to save my life .

so i headed to one one the chanels on the north west side of the lk and ended up with 19 nice crappies all from 10 to 11 inches and one that went 13but they where very spooky

hey rich i did go yesterday morning aftre the rain stoped i fish all the spots that ive got them in before and could not find a perch to save my life .

so i headed to one one the chanels on the north west side of the lk and ended up with 19 nice crappies all from 10 to 11 inches and one that went 13but they where very spooky

Terry,

My buddy at work said that he caught 50 big perch and alot of crappies. But dont ask me where he got them because he will not tell me. :rolleyes:

We made it out Saturday morning on my new rig on the Saginaw Bay should have made the jump years ago, but we all know what i'm talking about [marriage,kids] But we did manage to get 9 real nice pre spawn walleye's in the 4 hrs we were out a few other boats were also doing good. But all in all it was great got to take the new boat out sure is a big difference going from 22ft aluminum to 27ft glass..........If anybody is interested my other boat is for sale, it has to go.......