TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 7/8-9

We fished on Saturday in the miserable wave conditions that were supposed to subside unfortunately that never happened. We fished in 50-70fow and ended up 0-3 it was a chore just trying to stand let alone fish. On Sunday we fished the same area north of the wreck in 50-75fow. We ran a 6 rod spread and ended up with 4 coho and 2 trout. We also lost a king and missed a few other fish as well. The best part about Sunday was the lake was much calmer than Saturday! Most of our bites came in the top 50ft of water column on Morgan's 150ft and 200ft copper behind church tackle planer boards with Michigan Stinger spoons! We had a king come on a slide diver out 70ft on counter, but unfortunately we lost it at the back of the boat. We did have a productive blue ITO fly behind a smoke dodger on a rigger down 40ft. We are currently busy preparing for our Ludington tournament this weekend and we can't wait!0ed24ab6a5fe76b2e23622f221103cff.jpg6ed62418da602ff74080e7525bc4607f.jpg1a75d7f5a0397fe3e7105960fe4f83f2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice catch!   Maybe I'll see you in Ludington this weekend.  Get your lake trout program dialed in, haven't been a lot of silver fish around the last couple weeks.   It always seems like some salmon show up for the tourney but it is a week early this year. 

• Like 1

Nice catch!   Maybe I'll see you in Ludington this weekend.  Get your lake trout program dialed in, haven't been a lot of silver fish around the last couple weeks.   It always seems like some salmon show up for the tourney but it is a week early this year. 

Thanks and yah that's what we have been hearing

Good luck in tournament this weekend in Ludington , always enjoy your posts  , and you fish a lot helps this novice , get the BIG Ones Ludington is known for!?

Thanks you we sure hope we can get some big ones!

My buddy got a couple upper teen kings yesterday in Ludington so it might be looking up for the tourney weekend.

I sure hope so but the weather is starting to look windy now

Bummer on the forecast, hope NOAA is wrong on that.  They are wrong a lot.   We are not fishing the tourney this year since Friday will be our first trip on my new boat.    Glad to share how we do, maybe it can help you guys.  I hate missing it but I got delayed with the autopilot and didn't want to enter it never having fished this boat yet.   My crew this weekend is not experienced either.  

• Like 1