6/21/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

6/21/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

After the big blow yesterday afternoon, the water temperature really cooled down where we had limited out yesterday morning and the fish had moved from that area.  We then ran further out until I found warmer water and we set up on some pretty good looking fish marks.  We had non-stop action right away for the first hour, but then the wind died down and the bite slowed.  A while later and they did start to bite better, but when the wind shifted to the south the bite slowed down once again.  It took us a while, but my clients from Indianapolis, IN managed to catch their limit of walleyes and also took four nice yellow perch.  One of the perch was a foot long too.  We also caught a nice northern pike that jumped 5' out of the water as soon as it was hooked on the bottom which is unusual.  During the early morning the fish were hitting spinners on bottom, but later, when the wind calmed down, the fish moved up and we took a lot of them just 12' down over deep water.  I had to keep the speed under 1.6 mph to get decent action today.  No color preference was noticed.  We just stayed in the same general area all day waiting out the lulls.  There was no point in moving since I knew we were over a lot of fish.  We just used patience to load up the cooler.  My client today had fished with me a long time ago, so it was nice seeing them again on such a nice, bluebird day on the Bay.  

Capt. Mike Veine

• Thanks 1