Time fished: 815 -1135Area fished (GPS lat/lons 0ptional): straight out to 3 miles northBest depth of water to be over: 120-138'Most productive troll direction: N/aDepth of hits: 40-50'Rigger lead lengths: 20'Number of fishermen aboard: 3Best lures & colors: see belowSurface temp: 65Down temp for hits (if known): Troll speed: 2.5 - 3Number and kind of fish caught: f for 6; 2 kings, laker, coho n steelie815 lost steelie on uv spoon on slider with main SUV alewife down 57',845 steelie 120fow, 8 colors , red or silv spoon 910, coho, 120fow, rigger, 63', SUV Alewife10;15, 34" king, 128', dipsey on 3 141' out; Gr Frog BTI n meat rig10;45; small coho 300' copper on double or spoon11;15 131fow, small king, 300' copper; ghostbuster BTI n  meat rig.Were knocking them off pretty steady doing circles in the 128'-138' area. then motor died and could not get it started.Boat Us came out n towed us in. Need some serious work done on the 130HP 4 stroke Honda; getting plenty of gas; could be ethanol clogged up injectors n fuel rack or electrical problem.Beautiful nice cloudy day; little choppy early then lazy 1-2' swells after that.Had to bring boat home instead of at storage barn in SoHa.   Will take to Jackson marina Monday. 

Dan Agnello, Hockey Puck, on the Reel Woman!Kings 11Coho 24Steelies 1Lakers 5
  • Like 2

Thanks for the great report!  Sorry to hear about the motor trouble :(

Interesting to see your 300 Cu w/double or spoon hit, exactly what we hit last time out for a 30" King.  I never thought to put orange down that deep until my buddy suggested it (after a couple hours of washing lures...) Hah!

Best wishes with the motor!

WOW! Capt. Dan that's an awesome day and a great report to go with it. I learned a lot from you good writing.  These fish are always throwing us for a loop and doing things that keep us guessing. 

Best of luck with your Honda. Once you get that powertrain figured out, she'll take care of you the rest of the season. 

Tight Lines!B)

Fantastic idea with the double orange crush (DOC).  I too have had luck with same on your side of the pond.  Last year in early August off Manistee I caught several BIG 20+ lb Chinooks on the DOC off both dipsy's and Cu in the darkness. Go figure......no glow and big Chinooks spank the DOC.  Whoda thunk that would work?

Sorry about your luck Dan.  We were fishing the same water as you and managed to go 11/19 with 3 guys on board.  The three magic factors were 40-60ft deep in 125-150ft of water, an east or west troll, and 2.0 down at the ball.  It didn't seem to matter what color you put out there as long as it was betwixt 40-60ft down.  I had 2 downriggers, 2 braid dipsys, and 5 long lines anywhere from 5 color to 225 copper.  And yes, all my hooks were sharp!  

capt.jpg

fish.jpg

spoon.jpg

• Like 1

We lost a real nice king on yellow killer spoon on rigger down 60 when he decided to swim past us on the starboard side.  Had a green killer slider that went away too.  Think i saw him laughing!

• Haha 1

Yeah, when we got our first king about 6 weeks ago I forgot how fiesty spring kings are. About 3 weeks ago we had that king that broke slider n  tripped  other rigger n got into copper. But, we got him because broken line on slider got tangled in copper. What's odds of that.

The small king we got last Friday did similar, cranked copper as fast as I could to keep up as he headed for the boat, he finally slowed down.

That's how king u lost got so big, smart. In addition to smiling as he went by did he wave a fin at u too. Lol!

• Haha 1