Port Sheldon 6/8---6:30am to noon

Port Sheldon 6/8---6:30am to noon

beautiful day on the water , had lines set at 6:30 with the first fish in the boat at 6:45. At 9:30 all I could think of was little boat's trip yesterday. finally at 10:00 we landed another fish!!We finished the day 4 for 5--- three cohos and one k

what worked

wire dipsey at 2 ---120' out with SD blue bubble set up   1 king

wire dipsey at 2 ----80' out blue dolphin --lost at boat

copper 180--- white pearl spoon----1 coho

DR at 60--mixed veggie spoon---1 coho

DR at 40---white pearl spoon--1 coho 

• Like 3

Nice job.  My son and I did a quick mid afternoon trip.  Kind of a low stress training trip for him getting to run the boat and all the lines. As we were leaving the dock around 930 a guy was coming in solo with 5 fish.  Said he was in the 145 area.  Motored out there and bumped around the different slicks marking a good amount of fish but no takers.  Finally picked up a shaker on a jawbreaker free slider down 45.  Around 1230 we took a nice 11lb king on a stinger Invite down 62 on a rigger in 125fow.  Spoon has been my king killer this spring.  While landing him we got the slider caught in the kicker prop so I called it a day.   

When we arrived at the launch in the AM I smelled that awful grease burning smell of smoked bearings.  Lucky it had got us to the launch.   Of course all my tools were at the house so after we pulled the boat I drove 40 min to Grandville trailer with the hub and they got it set back up in 5 minutes.  

Long day for 3 hours of fishing but the boy got some much needed practice and I was pretty happy with how much he had retained from past trips

we set up in 115fow and trolled out as far as 165fow. came back in and spent most of our time from 110 to 140. fish seemed to be real scattered. We marked most of our fish from 110 to 130. Hope this helps.