SoHa 5/31

First skunk of the season; had small coho on in 175fow but got off quickly; probably on slider.

Had two other trips on riggers with no one home!

Fished 85-195'.

1-3s settled down to nice lazy 1-2s.

Surface temp was 54 all the way to 195. In 194 fiw checked water did find 46 degree water 95' down; set lines down there n still no hits.

Very few marks.

Beautiful day on the lake!!

• Like 6

Dan, Neil and I snuck out for a short run Thurs. AM and went 4-6 on our only loop between 60-120, 2 kings & 2 Ho's.  Nothing over 6#.  Missed one on a DR right off the bat and off a braided diver.  Got the better 4# Ho and a free sider, 6* King on a 250#45 CU., smaller Ho an the same rig, and the smaller King on a diver.  Mixed Veggies  got hit 3 times, orange/green crush 2 times and green Dolphin once.

Time limited us to just 1 loop, but we had to try.  Better luck next time!

Martin 

• Like 1

One of my fishing mentors used to say "when the cottonwood flies, the bite dies."   I've found that to be somewhat true for salmon and it is usually the harbinger of the June lull.  There are always some fish to be caught but big boxes can be tougher this month.   Good luck next time out.

I think you talked to my dad at the launch we were the small boat going out when you guys were coming in. It took us a while for our first hit I was thinking skunk too. We managed to chip away after a while with no pattern to speak of. Fished till sunset ended up with 4 3lb coho and a throw back king. 2 on 6color one on rigger down 54 and one on dipsey... UV mixed veggie and double orange crush. Fish came about 110-150. Going with a buddy tomorrow. Good luck next week!

• Like 1