Holland 5/31 AM

Set up just south of Port Sheldon just to try something new looking for bigger fish.  Worked 70-140 fow in a zig zag pattern.  Nice 1 foot chop to start built to 2-3's by mid morning so we called it quits.

Wound up 6 for 6 which isn't bad but they were all shaker kings and all were thrown back.  Troll was NE and NW mainly 2.5 - 2.8 at the ball.  Again ran 4 riggers staggered from 70 down up to 50 down, 150 - 180 - 225 coppers.  Dipseys started 75 and 90 back and finished at 125 and 150 back didn't take any hits.

• Like 3

wind was blowing the boat sideways so a nice looking spread was almost nonexistent today. or you might say kiddywampous or hey look all the lines are on the port side--well maybe thats exaggerating ;-)

13 minutes ago, Dr Hook said:

Holland 5/31 AM

Set up just south of Port Sheldon just to try something new looking for bigger fish.  Worked 70-140 fow in a zig zag pattern.  Nice 1 foot chop to start built to 2-3's by mid morning so we called it quits.

Wound up 6 for 6 which isn't bad but they were all shaker kings and all were thrown back.  Troll was NE and NW mainly 2.5 - 2.8 at the ball.  Again ran 4 riggers staggered from 70 down up to 50 down, 150 - 180 - 225 coppers.  Dipseys started 75 and 90 back and finished at 125 and 150 back didn't take any hits.

I noticed all the shakers last week , I kicked the speed up a a little to the 2.8-3.1 at the ball and got away from them and got a lot more aggressive strike from the mature fish as well , just a thought.

• Like 2

Was at that speed Sunday and still threw 5 back.  Slowed today in part to try something different and in part because of uphill troll.  I wasn't seeing any good marks either. I don't think there were any mature fish in the area.  Good thought, though, thanks.