Sat 5-28 Holland PB steelhead

Sat 5-28 Holland PB steelhead

After a slow start with 2 small kings that went back we finally hit a decent king, lost a big laker behind the boat and then hit this guy in 140 off the slides on a mixed veggie on a braid diver. Took a team effort to get him in after he tangled into the 300 copper. Thanks to Kent, Katrina and Darrin for a job well done.

Now can anyone tell me the proper way to measure it? It states in the master angler for to "fold" the tail. When I do it measures longer on one side the tail. So what is the correct way? 

Thanks

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

• Like 7

Guy at the fish cleaning station had a scale and it was over 17 but don't remember the fraction It was a bit long and thin. He did cost me a 250 copper that he got the diver snagged on when he went ballistic. 

• Like 3

That's a big Steelie Bob.

I'm not surprised it tore up your copper; even a smaller steelie will dance on the water into everything!

Great job!

We r headed to SoHa Wed n have yet to tie into a steelie; n none of SoHa reports I've seen so far have mentioned any steelies.

Can't believe they r way out in the lake rhis time of the year.

3 hours ago, dan agnello said:

That's a big Steelie Bob.

I'm not surprised it tore up your copper; even a smaller steelie will dance on the water into everything!

Great job!

We r headed to SoHa Wed n have yet to tie into a steelie; n none of SoHa reports I've seen so far have mentioned any steelies.

Can't believe they r way out in the lake rhis time of the year.

Good luck on your trip Captn Dan.

• Like 1

If you are a Holland Steelheader member, enter that thing in the big fish contest. Good chance you will win big steelie of the year for sure! All you need is that picture above.