5/23/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

5/23/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

The weather was kind of gloomy today with heavy overcast skies and on and off drizzle, but the fish didn't seem to mind as they bit pretty good. If fact the fishing was outstanding as my clients caught a box full of fish in short order. We had a steady bite all morning from the time we set lines until we pulled out of the fishing spot with limits at about 11:00. We fished a large area today covering about three miles of water that had scattered fish all over it. We didn't find any tight concentrations of fish, but we also didn't go for more than five minutes without a fish on. All the fish we caught today were walleyes with most being nice sized eaters. We did catch a few undersized walleyes which are always nice to see for the future of the fishery. We caught all our fish today on spinner/crawler rigs fished near bottom trolled at about 1.5 mph. Color did not seem to mater. The water temperature had dropped to 54 degrees since my last charter from all the high winds. They are forecasting high, northeast winds for tomorrow, so I have already cancelled my Wed. charter. Hopefully I'll get back at them again on Thursday.

Capt. Mike Veine