Fishhawk x4d bluetooth

I need someone willing to try my probe out it is not reading properly. I have tried everything to trouble shoot, including but not limited to, new display, transducer angle, dedicated electronics battery, resistor plugs, and not moving to see if I get down temp and nothing. Display says low batteries, yes I have put multiple sets of batteries in, and doesn't have down depth temp or speed. Every once in a while it will show speed and temp quick but will be off on both. I have top speed and temp just nothing down. I've turned gain up and down also. I just need someone who works, lives, or plays in grand rapids or muskegon to use my probe with their unit so I can see if it's transducer or probe issue. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

I ended up buying a new probe last summer when mine started malfunctioning.  It wasn't consistently reading the temp and speed at the ball.  I'm not sure the depth readout worked or not.  Anyway, I think a new probe was a couple of hundred bucks.  I'm assuming you've contacted FishHawk to trouble shoot this.  They offered to take my probe back to work on it, but it was roughly the same cost as buying a new probe.

I work in GR most Wednesdays and I'm planning to fish Pentwater this weekend.  I can take your probe along and see how it runs with my set up if you want.  If it doesn't work you'll know it's at least a probe issue.  I'll know later today if I'll be in GR tomorrow.  PM me if you want to set something up.

As Mega Byte stated we had same issue 2 seasons ago with are old fishhawk. The low battery alarm battery would flash. Replaced head and had no issues with new one. So not sure some how moisture gets in it or wire comes loose. If still in warranty I would be seeing what discount you get on a replacement.

Sent from my N9519 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• 3 months later...

Yea, some how I ended up having non resistor plugs end back up in my powerhead. Changed those out and have been good to go since. Megabyte was a saint for trying my probe out, and we had a couple decent chats as well. I also want to say fish hawk is hands down the best company to deal with on possible defective stuff, they sent me a new head unit and transducer to try before I double checked the plugs no cost to me and didn't even have to show proof of purchase and took me a few weeks with each to test out due to work and weather and they never said a word about the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1