Holland 5/20 AM Holland Steelheaders Tournament

Holland 5/20 AM Holland Steelheaders Tournament

Didn't expect to do much today being a man down, but left the pierheads with shotgun start at 6:30 AM.  Went NW and set up north of Tunnel Park in 70 fow.  Had 4 riggers, 225 copper and 150 copper in the water at 7 AM with an all spoon presentation.  Took first hit at 7:15 on NW troll in about 90 fow.  Because of the relatively bumpy water, flipped around and pretty much worked 90-100 fow on south troll anywhere from 2.5-3.1.   We did manage to make it out to 120 fow when things flattened out a bit, but basically worked 90-100 all the way to Saugatuck.  Flipped around at Saugatuck, and took a double to finish out a two man limit.  9 kings and one laker.  Only 2 kings topped 10 lbs.

Deep rigger was set 70 down and only took one hit on Blue Hulk...the laker.  The other riggers were staggered at 65, 60, and 55.  All had sliders, but the only slider hits we got was the double at the end.  Spoons that took hits were Michigan Frog, Blue Dolphin, Blue Crush, Craig's Steelhead bait (thanks for the spoons Jim Bobber), and BIsh's Bruiser.

225 copper with Rickety Ranger went twice but one got into another downrigger line and got off.

Final tally, 10 for 11 and good enough for 6th place.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, coralee said:

Nice job Kabet, next time your short give me a shout. I wanted to get out today but mowed the lawn instead. Way to go on the kings, we only found a few yesterday with more coho.

I forgot you were retired now and can fish on weekends.  It would've been a 5 AM call today.  We had three until it actually came time to get up.