Saugatuck 5-15 pm

Took my dad and middle daughter out last night.  Bait for the most part has jumped into the river.  Good luck spawning guys.  Herd of sheep  at the piers.  We fished 15-20' and were busy all night until the lightning chased us off.  At one point 2 rods were in holders, and five hooked up.  J-11 orange rapala on a one color was the only rod that never got bit.  Took two on a paddle and fly.  3.5 mag lips off yellowbirds best.

• Like 1

Are you running your mag lips naked or with meat attached?  I've had some in the water for a couple of trips last year and twice this year and haven't had a bump on them.  But, I didn't tie any herring to them either.

Naked.  I bought a pile this winter as they were God's gift to river steelhead fishing.  After 17 hook ups on anything but mag lips to 0 hook ups on mag lips while running my proven stuff on one side and mag lips on the other,  I returned all the unopened ones.

Glad to see Great Lakes Angler has turned into a Mag Lips infomercial.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 11:22 AM, FBD said:

Naked.  I bought a pile this winter as they were God's gift to river steelhead fishing.  After 17 hook ups on anything but mag lips to 0 hook ups on mag lips while running my proven stuff on one side and mag lips on the other,  I returned all the unopened ones.

Glad to see Great Lakes Angler has turned into a Mag Lips infomercial.

Did you use the 3.0 size?  I tried running a 3.5 I aquired in a goody bag for 2 years with zero success and had written them off.  Bought a 3.0 on a whim this fall and it was definitely my go to lure on the Kzoo this winter.  Ran a 3.5 during the same trips/same color and again totally ignored.  Caught a couple browns on it this spring too

3.0, 3.5, good colors.  I fished them for an hour on a day I knew were on browns, in fact I experimented with a lot of stuff that day, and it was 3 fish to 8 on my side versus the proven side of the boat, mine coming on Shad raps and a Jr. Streak.

Had a day on the Zoo where my wife's side of the boat had a Tadpolly, a WiggleWart, and a Hot and Tot to my mag lips.  The good news is I got to fight a fish.  Her side of the boat doubled.