Port Sheldon 5/14 am

Port Sheldon 5/14 am

I've been trying to get a friend of mine out on my boat for a while.  We got our schedules to work out for the most part although we had a strict 3 hr of fishing time on the water.  Good thing the fish cooperated also!  Started fishing right at 7:30 and had 3 coho in the boat before I got my 4th line down.  This included a double/triple with 1 coho on the rigger ball, one on the free slider, and one on a 200 copper.  The king bite picked up around 9 am.  We ended up with 14 fish in the box and release a three small fish (14-18" kings) hoping to pick up one more big one - but the last three fish we hooked wanted nothing to do with the net.  I estimate we had between 22  & 25 fish on - it's tough to keep count.

We fished the 120-140 fow straight out of Port Sheldon and a made loops to the south 2.7-2.9 at the ball.  Fished the same water all morning making. Never straying more than 1 mile from where we started.  Most fish seemed to be down 50-100 feet. 

What worked:

2 coho - free slider rigger down 90 - blue icicle superslim (missed two kings on this setup)

1 coho - rigger down 90 - DW flea 4 all spoon

1 coho, 1 shaker, 1 king - free slider rigger down 75 - mini streak uv gold jager bomb

1 shaker, 1 coho, 1 king - 300 copper - mag silver streak blue dolphin (lost some king bites on this too)

1 coho - 100 copper - stinger stingray hawg wild

1 coho - 150 copper - mag silver streak mixed veggie

1 steelie, 1 shaker - 200 copper - stinger uv mixed veggie

2 kings - mag diver on 2 back 180 ft - pro king 8" paddle chrome uv blue bird with mirage fly

1 king - mag diver on 2 back 225 ft - pro king 8" paddle chrome uv charlie's special with mirage fly

1 coho - slide diver on 4 back 100 ft - stinger pickle seed

IMAG0196.jpg

• Like 6