Pentwater, May 9 AM & PM, 17 for 22

Fished 8:45 am to 4:45 pm. We lived in 40 - 50 fow. Best spot was about a quarter mile south of the north edge of the dunes and then go north 1.5 miles.

I will get pictures of lures in here tomorrow. Gold and orange spoons did the most damage, plus a blue dolphin and a silver thin fin.

10 lakers, 6 kings and a small steelhead that some how ended up with two of our lures in its mouth.

We had high lines with the thin fins, a SWR I threw out on a board instead of a rigger, 100 Cu, 200 Cu, and riggers down 25 and 35 all took fish.

Speed at the ball averaged 2.7 mph.

20170509_201133.jpg

We had 4 doubles and were about 5 seconds away from a triple.

It was a great day to take off work and pull my son out of school. First day on the water for me this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

20170509_162813.jpg

20170509_091453.jpg

20170509_121414.jpg

20170509_141255.jpg

20170509_153457.jpg

20170509_161740.jpg

The spin doctor and fly was 1 for two, the large moonshine spoon (top left) was 0 for 2, The thin fin was 2 for 3.  The others caught everything else.

20170510_080438.jpg

Edited by Mega Byte
Added lure pictures
  • Like 5

Yeah @The Greek, my little guy has trouble reeling in the bigger fish.  So we were very content to catch the lakers and the smaller kings.  He's not strong enough to pump the rod, so instead he walks backwards towards the helm and then reels in as he walks forward towards the stern.  He tries his best the keep the pole upright during this process and it works pretty well for him.  The kids had a blast, which is what this trip was all about.

• Like 3

Taking kids out is always a huge goal of mine. Every kid I have ever taken out on the big water NEVER forgets the day and the experience. Catching was the focus of your post, but the underlying theme and pictures of the kids is a powerful statement. OK, they missed school......were they exposed to the ecology of  wind and waves, sun and moon, and were they awestruck by animal(s) that are  normally seen in a grocery store cooler by 98% of the rest of the kids IN HIS ENTIRE SCHOOL? Yes to all. Enough said. BRAVO to anyone that gets a kid out on the water. 

• Like 3