3-23 Midday

Fished Port Sheldon from 10-3.  Went 2-3. 3 and 4lb brown.  Lost another that was probably 6 or 7.  All bites came on top of or on the deep side of the second bar. Spent half of my time in the second trough and even a little right up on the beach without a bite. 

Temps were 35-36.5

1-2 on gold with red stripe 3.0 Mag Lip

1-1 F9 brown trout

One other solo at the launch with 2 browns also

17424857_10212912109184414_6215317798785

Fun start to the year

• Like 2

Yup Ed I was wondering if you were a forum member.

mr this is the first year I've taken my smaller boat out on the big lake.  With the way the temps have been going up and down I've been keeping the I/O under wraps.  Trying to copy FBD :ph34r:

Seen 200' out of Holland in mine.  Trolled out from 60 hit 200' went yep, 200' and trolled back in.  Flat calm warm Saturday night

Fished 450-500' in Traverse Bay in the 14' what seemed to be about a solid 5 wood from shore.  Structure, a concept growing up trolling around here, that I don't understand.

4 hours ago, FBD said:

Structure, a concept growing up trolling around here, that I don't understand.

Fished Leland once before I had a contour chip.  Sandblasted my rigger balls pretty good that day.  Cant imagine how the guys fish up around the straights.  Would have me puckered so bad I probably couldn't get off my seat to raise the riggers.