South Haven City Launch

Yes as far as I know not until 4/15. 

However, even though all the docks have been pulled, there is a dirt apron west of restrooms that I used to drive around and come in through parking lot south of the restrooms.

If you can launch w/o a dock maybe you could use it.Not sure about what city would say. If you want to get in earlier call Harbormaster. She was very nice on the phone. Use City general number and ask for the harbormaster.

Seems like last year when we launched in St Joe on 3/29 only one dock was in.

But, night after I bad mounted them a few days later all 3 docks were in and the big dead trees had been dragged to the back on the parking lot.

Enjoy this summer weather n have a fun/safe 2017 fishin season.

Nice rig Martin.

Here's update from city eng, Larry, who replied to my email.

The goal is to restore temp access to the launch by  4/1. A gravel access drive will connect to Dunkley Ave, south of WWTP. He didn't mention docks by 4/1. I'll email him back about them.

Permanent access by 7/1. 

There is a new baitshop in Grand Junction. About 10 miles east of South Haven. You take phoenix east until you come to the railroad tracks in Grand Junction and it's a 1/4 mile from the tracks down on the right. Has minnows, worms, tackle inside. There is also a 24/7 live bait machine out front that has live minnows. If they don't have what you need they will order it so they have it next time. The have the perch pounders. Which are an awesome perch rig. Check it out!!

20161230_171153.jpg

• Like 1

Fished there plenty of other times later too.  Point being they make it hard for me to fish when I want to fish, I'll renember that later in the year and choose my port accordingly.

Also, besides the launch fee or lack there of, we tend to grab food, ice, and gas in the area.  So maybe the city doesn't need my $7 but the places close by always seemed to like my cash.

On 2/22/2017 at 6:18 PM, Brogan2891 said:

There is a new baitshop in Grand Junction. About 10 miles east of South Haven. You take phoenix east until you come to the railroad tracks in Grand Junction and it's a 1/4 mile from the tracks down on the right. Has minnows, worms, tackle inside. There is also a 24/7 live bait machine out front that has live minnows. If they don't have what you need they will order it so they have it next time. The have the perch pounders. Which are an awesome perch rig. Check it out!!

20161230_171153.jpg

Thanks for the information.  It's a bit out of the way coming from Grand Rapids but I'll have to give it a shot.

10 hours ago, FBD said:

If coming from GR I think Dunesview Party store at exit 41 has minnows.

Thanks for that FBD.  I'll be sure to check that out.  The only other option would be to buy them the night before and transport them if not available on the way or in South Haven.